Love movie popcorn but don’t want to spend the money? Find out how to make your own delicious movie theatre popcorn at home with this easy recipe!
Checkout this video:
Movie theatre popcorn is a special kind of popcorn that is cooked in a special way to make it extra fluffy and delicious. You can make movie theatre popcorn at home with just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of know-how. Here’s how to make your own movie theatre popcorn:
1. Start with good quality kernels. Just like any other food, the quality of your popcorn will be determined by the quality of the ingredients you use. Use fresh, good quality kernels for best results.
2. Add the right amount of oil. Too much oil will result in greasy popcorn, while too little oil will cause your kernels to burn. Add just enough oil to coat the bottom of your pan and heat it over medium heat until it is hot but not smoking.
3. Add the kernels and stir constantly. Once you add the kernels, stir them constantly to prevent burning. You’ll know they’re done when they start popping rapidly and fill up the pan.
4. Season to taste and enjoy! Once your popcorn is done, season it to taste with salt, butter, or any other seasonings you prefer. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
-1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
-2 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
-3 tablespoons butter, melted
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Making the Popcorn
The first step is to gather all of the materials that you will need. This includes:
-One cup of popcorn kernels
-Three tablespoons of vegetable oil
-Half a tablespoon of salt
-A large pot with a lid
Next, you will want to put the oil and popcorn kernels into the pot. Make sure that the kernels are fully coated with the oil. Then, put the lid on the pot and wait for the kernels to finish popping. This should take about three to five minutes. Once the kernels have stopped popping, take the pot off of the heat and pour the popcorn into a large bowl. Add salt to taste.
Adding the Flavors
To make movie theatre popcorn, you will need:
-1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
-1/4 cup of melted butter
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1/4 teaspoon of sugar
First, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Then, add the popcorn kernels and salt, and cook for about 2 minutes until the kernels are coated. Next, add the sugar and cook for another minute. Finally, remove from the heat and serve.
There’s nothing quite like the smell of freshly popped popcorn at the movie theatre. You can now bring that experience home with this easy-to-follow recipe for how to make movie theatre popcorn.
What You’ll Need:
-1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-1/4 cup popcorn salt
-1 large pot with a lid
-1 sheet of wax paper
1. Pour the kernels into the pot and add the vegetable oil. stir to combine.
2. Place the pot on the stove over medium heat and put the lid on.
3. Once the kernels start popping, gently shake the pot back and forth so that all of the kernels pop evenly.
4. Once the popping slows down, remove the pot from the heat and pour into a large bowl.
5. Sprinkle with the popcorn salt and serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you want to make popcorn just like the movie theatres, then you need to use yellow kernels, cook them in a hot air popper, and top it with lots of real butter. You can find all the ingredients you need to make theatre-style popcorn at your local grocery store.